How To Keep It Simple
Everyone loves makeup looks that are bold and exciting. Brows that are arched, filled and highlighted to perfection. Sculpted cheekbones and full lips that are defined and filled in with trendy colors. These are the looks our favorite brands help us create. Looks that dominate the images we see in our favorite magazines and social media platforms.
With that being said, some of our favorite beauty looks can be time consuming (and costly) to (re)create, let alone maintain. With an extra trip to the salon or the extra 15 minutes it can take to create a particular makeup look, one might be left to wonder if there is an alternative to the looks and products we love. Even if time and money are not an issue, taking a more minimalist approach to the beauty process is something to consider.
Minimalism is not necessarily a concept for the resource strapped individual. In addition to saving time and money, it can also be a way to get back in touch with oneself. It is an opportunity to appreciate our natural beauty–to give our skin a chance to breathe and let the world (and ourselves) to see us as we are. It is also an opportunity to address some beauty concerns one may have.
When considering a minimalist approach to beauty, you may or may not necessarily need to go out to purchase new products. You may already have some products in your beauty arsenal. If you need an excuse to go on a beauty shopping trip or need some new ideas to help you embrace minimalism in beauty, continue reading to discover two concepts to this concept.
It goes without saying that the best foundation is a great skincare routine that includes cleansing, toning, treatment, moisturizing and SPF. To create an additional glow that can stand on it’s own, consider the following:
- Oils – These are great to cocktail with your favorite moisturizer, lightweight foundation or by itself. Sunday Riley Juno Hydroactive Cellular Face Oil which is rich is moisture rich antioxidants will give you an enviable glow.
- Radiance Peel Pads – Designed to be used daily, radiance peel pads are part of the treatment step of any skincare routine and address a myriad of skin concerns such as dullness, wrinkles and hyper-pigmentation. Perricone MD DMAE Firming Pads address such concerns and also help to stimulate cell growth which will increase radiance.
- Glotions – Or lotions that will make your skin glow, are a hybrid of an illuminator and a moisturizer. This is your one step to help you shine bright like a diamond and keep your skin soft at the same time. Boscia Tsubaki Glotion Instant Luminizing Moisturizer is great for all skin types and is infused with tsubaki oil and a mineral blend of light reflecting pigments.
If you prefer a little more than just skincare in your beauty routine but still want to take a minimalist approach, consider the following:
- Tinted Moisturizer. Cut your time in half by using a tinted moisturizer which hydrates and adds sheer coverage to the skin to give that “You. Only better.” look. Tarte Amazonian Clay BB Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 Sunscreen not only gives lightweight coverage but also treats and protects the skin.
- Custom Drops. These are designed to add to your favorite oil, primer, or moisturizer to customize the level of coverage you desire. Cover FX Custom Cover Drops allow you to create coverage from the sheerest to the fullest in a snap.
- Makeup Multitaskers. If you want to quickly create a minimalist look using the least amount of product, this is the way to go. Bite Beauty Multistick is a product that can be used anywhere on the face (eyes, lips, cheeks), applies like a cream and wears like a powder. You can even use your fingers to apply.
As always, we want to hear from you. What does minimalism mean to you what is your approach to creating that look? Leave your comments below.