From Friday, May 29 through Sunday, May 31, Northern Grade – the nationally acclaimed roving marketplace featuring American manufactured brands – will land in DC for the first time. The two-day, open-to-the-public retail experience is free and will take place inside of Union Market’s Dock 5 space, located adjacent to the market.
The Northern Grade DC lineup includes brands such as Filson (Seattle, WA), The Brooklyn Circus (Brooklyn, NY) and Chippewa Boots(Fort Worth, TX), in addition to local brands Gordy’s Pickle Jar, Appointed, Boldfoot Socks, Gitli Goods, Mallory Shelter Jewelry, Kicheko Goods, Caryn Cramer and DC’s own Mutiny DC and Federal men’s boutiques. Market-goers may recognize the exclusive made-in-the-USA market from previous host cities, including Dallas, Houston, Los Angeles, Chicago and Minneapolis.
“After collaborating last year with GQ and Fashionsita for separate men’s and women’s marketplaces, we are beyond excited for the launch of our first combined event in Washington, DC at Union Market,” says Northern Grade co-founder Katherine McMillan. “We have produced 21 events all around the country over the last few years, but this will be the most diverse line up of brands we have ever had involved in terms of style and product offerings”.
Northern Grade will set up shop at Dock 5 at Union Market, on Friday, May 29 from 3-8pm; Saturday, May 30 from 11am-7pm and Sunday, May 31 from 11am-5pm. Below please find a full list of participating vendors.
Participating Northern Grade Vendors:
- Filson (Seattle, WA)
- The Brooklyn Circus (Brooklyn, NY)
- Chippewa Boots(Fort Worth, TX)
- Brookes Boswell (Brooklyn, NY)
- Gamine Workwear (Boston, MA)
- United by Blue (Philadelphia, PA)
- HEUCY (New York, NY)
- Coronado Leather (Sand Diego, CA)
- Pierrepont Hicks (Brooklyn, NY)
- 1775 Clothing (Los Angeles, CA)
- Stock Manufacturing Co (Chicago, IL)
- Krammer & Stoudt (New York, NY)
- Shockoe Atelier (Richmond, VA)
- Lumina (Raleigh, NC)
- Throne Watches (Brooklyn, NY)
- 440 Supply (Raleigh, NC)
- Gordy’s Pickle Jar (Washingtonian, DC)
- Appointed (Washingtonian, DC)
- Boldfoot Socks (Washingtonian, DC)
- Gitli Goods (Washingtonian, DC)
- Mallory Shelter (Washingtonian, DC)
- Jewelry (Washingtonian, DC)
- Kicheko Goods (Washingtonian, DC)
- Caryn Cramer (Washingtonian, DC)
- Mutiny DC (Washingtonian, DC)
- Federal (Washingtonian, DC)
About Northern Grade:
Northern Grade is a roving pop-up market featuring where the consumer comes to find carefully selected American-made brands and products. Many of the brands that attend Northern Grade are well known and established; others are newer brands on the rise or “the new American creatives”. Produced by Katherine and Mac McMillan, the team behind the menswear brand Pierrepont Hicks, Northern Grade is a market by a brand for the brands. For more information, please visit northerngrade.com.
About Union Market:
Union Market, located a short walk from the NoMa/Gallaudet metro, is a 45-acre district that is planned for over 7 million square feet. EDENS has a clear vision to create of DC’s most vibrant, interesting, and thriving neighborhoods. Since opening in September 2012, The Market at Union Market, with over 40 local artisan food and beverage vendors, now averages 10,000 – 15,000 visitors per weekend and has held over 100 events. Over the last several months, the Union Market district has also become a unique and alternative destination. For more information about Union Market, please visit www.unionmarketdc.com. 1309 5th Street NE, Washington D.C. 20002