Wedding season is here and nothing is more beautiful than a summer Bride. From the less traditional but increasingly popular route of the destination wedding or beautiful backyard gazebo weddings to the more traditional ceremonies held in houses of worship, brides are expressing their personal style when it comes to their special day.
Many brides are also taking matters into their own hands when it comes to styling their own weddings. From hand-crafted invitations, to designing their own veils, to overseeing the beauty and makeup for their bridal look, modern brides are taking a hands-on approach to their entire day. Brides are ensuring that their bridal beauty game is on point. If that is you, the following tips will help you to ensure that your look is glowing and flawless.
1. Start with a good skincare routine. It should include cleansing, toning, moisturizing and an eye cream based on your skin type (dry, combination, oily). These steps will ensure that your skin is soft, smooth and free from irritants which can lead to breakouts.
2. To keep your bridal beauty camera-ready, skip the additional sunscreen as well as products that contain sunscreen for that day. SPF tends to “flash up” when photographed. This leads to that washed out or ghostly appearance. So to avoid that white cast in your bridal photographs, it is best to skip it for this one day. You may also want to bypass products that deliver excess amounts of shimmer on the eyes and face, as it can sometimes look harsh and unflattering as well.
3. Even if you don’t normally wear foundation, on your wedding day, it is important to invest in a good primer and foundation to give a flawless yet lightweight finish. MakeUp Forever and Smashbox foundations and primers are great choices to help you achieve the complexion look you are going for.
4. Choose a blush that is soft and can be used to sculpt and define, as well. Some great choices are Makeup Forever HD Blush, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush. Again, to ensure that your blush delivers the best look to enhance your bridal beauty, avoid formulations that are too shimmery and sparkly.
5. Use an eyeshadow primer such as Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance to smooth out texture on the eyelid, increase the wear of your eyeshadow and to intensify the color.
6. When choosing eyeshadows, choose colors that complement your wedding colors, skin and hair tone. Take into consideration the time of day and the venue of the wedding (i.e. morning vs. evening wedding, beach wedding vs. indoor wedding). Great eyeshadow options which have excellent color pay-off and staying power include Bobbi Brown, Smashbox, Marc Jacobs and Urban Decay. Be sure to layer on a waterproof liner and mascara as well.
7. To ensure that your lipstick stays put throughout your special day, start with a lip liner. It gives shape to the lip. Follow it u with a lip stain such as Tarte Lipsurgence or YSL lipstain as a base. Finish off with a long wear lipstick for added color and intensity. Great long wear lipstick options include MakeUp Forever Aqua Rouge Lipstick and Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Color.
As a final touch, finish your look with a makeup setting spray from MakeUp Forever Mist & Fix. This spray creates a sweat proof, rub proof barrier to lock your look in for hours as well as hydrate the skin and leave a beautiful, luminous finish. Use these tips to get the ensure that you are a true bridal beauty on your wedding day.